Who We Are
The Building Trades of Alberta coordinates and promotes the interests of 16 Alberta trade unions whose 75,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance and fabrication industries.
Why We Do What We Do
To support our affiliated Building Trades Unions in securing the best possible working conditions and quality of life for skilled workers and their families.
How We Do It
- Supporting initiatives that strive to guarantee the safest possible working conditions for Building Trades members
- Promoting and advocating for the unionized construction, maintenance and fabrication industries in Alberta to secure and increase our market share
- Creating opportunities to engage with all levels of provincial government in order to influence the improvement of labour-related legislation and policy
- Developing long-term, successful working relationships with industry partners, including contractors, owners and government to secure jobs for the future
- Facilitating clear communications between the affiliated unions and our industry partners to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget with the highest possible quality
- Promoting apprenticeships, education and training that uphold the highest standards of certification to produce the best-qualified tradespersons available
- Utilizing our construction and maintenance industry experience to promote innovation and problem-solving, thereby securing ongoing and future investment in Alberta