About Helmets to Hardhats
Helmets to Hardhats Canada (H2H) works with Canadian Forces personnel (veterans and those currently serving) who are interested in transitioning from the Forces to a career in the building and construction industry. Helmets to Hardhats has paid tribute to the remarkable commitment that the Building and Construction trades unions have made to those serving our country in the Canadian Forces. How do the actual H2H apprentices and journeymen benefit from Canada’s Building Trades Unions involvement?
The Building Trades offer the best jobs in the construction industry – the best pay, the best benefits, the safest job sites and the fairest contractor.
Helmets to Hardhats
Helmets to Hardhats Sponsors
Helmets to Hardhats is supported by Veterans Affairs Canada, the Province of Alberta, the Province of Ontario, Canadian Forces, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, TansCanada, GPMC / NMC, PCL Constructors Canada Inc, and by
- Canada’s Building Trades Unions
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- International Union of Elevator Constructors
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Laborers’ International Union of North America
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association of the United States and Canada
- Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters
The Building Trades Unions and many Employers across Canada who are stakeholders in supporting the H2H program in Canada recognize the valuable contribution that members of Canadian Forces (past and present) have made to our country, as well as the outstanding qualities and experience that they offer, such as inter-personal skills, leadership abilities, professionalism, dedication, and a desire to pursue continuous individual improvement.
Helmets to Hardhats
The United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters – Local 488 helped sponsor this video, both to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by the men and women of the Canadian Forces and to promote the H2H jobs initiative.