What Is a Camp Worker?
UNITE HERE Local 47 supplies workers through our hiring hall to work in remote camps in Northern Alberta.
What does it take to become a member of UNITE HERE Local 47? Dedication, Responsibility, relevant Experience, Commitment, Willingness to Learn, Honesty and a Desire to do the best job you possibly can.
UNITE HERE Local 47 is proud to be the Union who makes remote camp living comfortable with good food and clean rooms – a home away from home for thousands of Trades people.
Skills & Abilities
- Are you a Chef with your Journeyman Red Seal certification?
- Are you a certified Baker?
- Have you worked in restaurants or industrial kitchens doing dishes or preparing food?
- Do you know how to make salads or sandwiches for 2000 people?
- Can you strip and wax floors?
- Have you worked in hotels cleaning rooms?
- Do you have retail experience and are you 6/49 certified?
- Are you an experienced Bartender or Server?
- Do you have CSTS & OSSA training certificates?
If you have what it takes and you have any of these qualifications please submit a resume with copies of all certificates (CSTS & OSSA certificates required). Be sure to list all relevant experience and detailed contact information – listing all possible phone numbers. Your resume will be kept on file for three months. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing is required by all employers.