Welcome to the BTA Blog. We invite your feedback.
BTA Meets with Federal Government to Discuss USMCA & Implications for Canadian Workers
Yesterday evening, members of the Building Trades of Alberta and members of Alberta Federation of Labour met with the Honourable Patricia Hujdu, federal Minister of Employment, Workforce Development, and Labour and Member of Parliament Randy Boissonnault for Edmonton Centre to discuss pipelines, the new USMCA Agreement and its implications for trade.
Topics covered in the wide-ranging discussion included:
- the process for the federal government to comply with and meet the court's recommendations for approval for Trans Mountain expansion
- LNG projects on the west coast
- polypropylene projects here in Alberta
- phase two of North West Redwater
- Community Benefit Agreements
- mobility of Canadian workers to cross into and work in the US
- importing steel and modules built off shore for Alberta projects. .
Thank you to all attendees and to John Desrosiers and LIUNA Local 92 Labourers Union for hosting this meeting.