Skill. Value. Safety.
Building Trades of Alberta
We coordinate and promote the interests of 18 Alberta local trade unions whose 60,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance, and fabrication industries.
Swipe the logos below to view more.
Apprentices and Training
The BTA affiliated unions provide the best safety training and skills training in the industry. Working with our industry partners, the BTA and its locals promote careers in the building trades through visits to high schools, trade fairs, scholarships, and much more.
Build Together is committed to highlighting rewarding careers in the unionized skilled trades to underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous, youth, and new Canadians.
Trade Winds to Success
Trade Winds to Success is a partnership initiated by the Union Training Trust Fund partners with Alberta Indigenous communities to increase the number of Indigenous people in the trades.
The Skilled Trades Advantage
The BTA coordinates and promotes the interests of 18 Alberta local skilled trades unions, whose more than 60,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance, and fabrication industries.
- promotes a safe industry
- works to influence legislation, regulation, and government sentiment toward organized labor
- creates and participates in alliances and partnerships with owners and contractors
- participates in boards, associations, committees and other industry groups
- develops programs that support under-represented groups in the trades
- develops programs that highlight the value of unionized labour in order to help create more work opportunities for our members
Stay in the know by browsing our recent posts below.
Employment opportunity with the BTA. Research and Communications Coordinator – Building Trades of Alberta The Building Trades of Alberta coordinates and promotes the interests of 18 local Alberta trade unions whose more than 60,000 members work in the residential, commercial, and industrial construction, maintenance, and fabrications industries. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Research and […]