Frontier's new project will add more than $70B to public revenues across the country
Canada’s Building Trades Unions (CBTU) is looking forward to working with the new Ministers, following Justin Trudeau’s latest Cabinet shuffle.
July 23, 2018
CBTU is pleased that Prime Minister Trudeau kept familiar faces within areas that are important to the Building Trades Unions. “We have been big advocates for pipeline construction, protection of Canadian jobs within negotiated trade agreements, community benefits and project labour agreements with public infrastructure projects. So, to have familiar faces in these ministries are welcomed,” says Robert Blakely, Canadian Operating Officer for Canada’s Building Trades Unions. “Minister Sohi, Minister Champagne, and Minister Carr have been tremendous supporters of our causes within the Trudeau Government and we are looking forward to moving files collaboratively in their new respective department,” says Blakely.
CBTU is extremely pleased that Prime Minister Trudeau has kept Minister Patty Hadju in the portfolio of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour. “Minister Hadju has been a champion for organized labour and we couldn’t be more delighted to continue building our relationship with her in this ministry,” says Blakely.
BTA Social Media
THE SKILLED TRADES ADVANTAGE
The Building Trades of Alberta is about PEOPLE, PARTNERSHIPS and COMMUNITY. We coordinate and promote the interests of 16 Alberta trade unions whose 75,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance and fabrication industries. We provide solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing industry in an energy conscious world.
- We work on Industrial, commercial, and institutional construction projects – as well as on maintenance projects – throughout Alberta.
- We partner with contractors and employers to deliver projects on budget and on schedule.
- We provide the most reliable, productive, and safest building trades workforce available.
- We believe in investing in our people. We are the largest supporters of apprenticeship and training for building trades workers in the private sector. Our union training facilities and programs set the standard in the construction industry.
- We believe in investing in Alberta and in our communities. Through the Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation, our members have donated over $6 million to worthwhile charities throughout Alberta.
Who are the Building Trades of Alberta members? We are your friends, your neighbours, and the volunteers that make our Alberta communities better places to live.