The Skilled Trades Advantage
The BTA coordinates and promotes the interests of 18 Alberta local skilled trades unions, whose more than 60,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance, and fabrication industries.
- promotes a safe industry
- works to influence legislation, regulation, and government sentiment toward organized labour,
- creates and participates in alliances and partnerships with owners and contractors,
- participates in boards, associations, committees and other industry groups,
- develops programs that support under-represented groups in the trades, and
- develops programs that highlight the value of unionized labour in order to help create more work opportunities for our members.
We're excited to let you know the 2020 John Tackaberry Memorial Golf Tournament presented by the Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation (BTACF) will again take place at the stunning QUARRY Golf Course in Edmonton, AB on Friday, Aug. 14. [...]
Media release: Building Trades of Alberta disappointed in withdrawal of Frontier regulatory application EDMONTON – The Building Trades of Alberta is disappointed to learn that Teck Resources removed the Frontier project from the regulatory review process from the federal environmental [...]
Promoting Responsible Development
Supporting Careers for Apprentices
Training the Next Generation
Get to Know the BTA
The Building Trades of Alberta is about PEOPLE, PARTNERSHIPS and COMMUNITY. We coordinate and promote the interests of 18 Alberta local trade unions whose 60,000 members work in the residential, commercial and industrial construction, maintenance and fabrication industries. We meet the challenges of an ever-changing industry in an energy conscious world.
- We work on industrial, commercial, and institutional construction projects – as well as on maintenance projects – throughout Alberta.
- We partner with contractors and employers to deliver projects on budget and on schedule.
- We provide the most reliable, productive, and safest building trades workforce available.
- We believe in investing in our people. We are the largest supporters of apprenticeship and training for building trades workers in the private sector. Our union training facilities and programs set the standard in the construction industry.
- We believe in investing in Alberta and in our communities. Through the Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation, our members have donated over $7.6 million to worthwhile charities throughout Alberta.
Who are the Building Trades of Alberta members? We are your friends, your neighbours, and the volunteers that make our Alberta communities better places to live.