Ironworker Gladiator (Reinforcing) is a 4 day course designed to provide the Iron Worker student with the initial knowledge and skills required for his or her first day on the job site. Major topics covered in this course include basic safety, measuring, and hand tools. The student will also be introduced to rigging and reinforcing ironworking.
Why take it?
The objective of this course is to enable the student to go to work as an apprentice Ironworker (Reinforcing). Candidates who successfully complete the program will be eligible for dispatch through local 720 to a signatory contractor as an apprentice Reinforcing Ironworker.
What is covered?
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Follow basic safety guidelines.
• Demonstrate the ability to measure.
• Demonstrate the ability to use basic hand tools.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of the reinforcing Ironworker.
• Demonstrate the ability to place, pack and tie Reinforcing steel
• Successful graduates will be indentured as Reinforcing Ironworker apprentices prior to starting work
Who can apply?
This course is designed for new apprentices interested in becoming Reinforcing Ironworkers. Applicants must be physically fit, between the ages of 18 and 35 with a valid class 5 driver’s license and their own transportation. Applicants should be able and willing to pass a pre-access Drug and Alcohol test.
A Word about Safety:
The importance of safety will be addressed and reinforced in all hands-on activities in the classroom, in the shop, and on the job site.
All course sessions are mandatory; missing a course session will affect your ability to successfully complete this course.
Students must supply their own work wear including CSA approved work boots, long pants and long sleeve shirts.
Where is the course held?
Location: Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
5720-59 St NW, Edmonton, AB, T6B-3L4
Dates and Times:
Stay tuned for future dates/times of upcoming courses or visit, www.ironworkers720.com for more info.
Class runs from 8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday thru Thursday
How to Apply?
1. Applicants must submit a Resume and a transcript showing the completion of grade 10 Math and English as well as a valid driver’s license. All Applicants must email a resume, transcript and drivers license to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A selection committee will review the resumes and transcripts and schedule interviews for selected candidates.
How much does it cost to attend?
• No tuition charged for the program.
• Participants are not paid to attend the course.
Once completed, you’ll be indentured as a reinforcing ironworker through Ironworkers Local 720 and the Government of Alberta, and dispatched through an Ironworkers Local 720 contractor.