The Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation Administrative Coordinator is a full time position. BTA staff fall under the terms and conditions of a Collective Agreement. Terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Roles and Responsibilities
The priority of roles and responsibilities are not listed in any particular order. Priorities vary depending on timing and circumstances. Determining priorities are as directed by the Executive Director and in consultation with the Assistant to the Executive Director.
Reporting to the Building Trades of Alberta (BTA) Executive Director (ED), and in consultation with the Assistant to the Executive Director, the primary role of the BTA Charitable Foundation Administrative Coordinator is to represent the BTA and its affiliated Unions in support of the goals of the Charitable Foundation (CF), and the overarching mandate of the BTA.
Qualifications and Skills
- The incumbent must possess excellent organizational, communication, research skills, and have a solid understanding of the BTA Charitable Foundation history and purpose, as well as the BTA Mission Statement.
- Responsible for the effective administration of all Charitable Foundation records and provides up to date information to the accountant as requested.
- Required to compile and provide monthly activity reports of the Charitable Foundation to the ED and the Assistant to the ED.
- Prepares reports for the ED in advance of Board meetings. The information must be thorough and contain sufficient information to assist the ED in the delivery of the CF reports.
- Reports must include all funding requests coupled with research of the organization making the request and the value/purpose of the request.
- Coordinate recognition of CF recipients.
- Provides support and coordination of annual events including logistics and site planning; working with third party vendors, coordinate promotional material, and work within approved budgets.
- Provides support to various initiatives and projects as assigned, such as the BTA Organizers group, and the Alberta Build Together group.
- Responsible to be abreast of policies and protocols that govern the day to day operations of the BTA.
Please email resume and cover letter to Terry Parker, Executive Director, Building Trades of Alberta at: email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 4 at 4:30 p.m.